Thursday, October 14, 2010

LET'S WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW....

"If it weren't for the last minute, I would never get anything done."  Anonymous

I am a procrastinator - and I live in a house filled with procrastinators - which is not a good thing.  I must say, I can become the slave driver in the bunch...a characteristic that is often not appreciated!!  Today has been "slave driver day" and suddenly I find myself alone - the others have carefully disappeared.  Actually - Marilyn has escaped upstairs, and George has gone to get his driver's license (a tale in itself of REAL procrastination!) So I will take time to write this blog - something else I have been procrastinating about.

We are still unpacking.  We have been here for almost two months - and there are still boxes to open and pictures to hang.  The major living spaces are done...for the most part - but the places like the living room and the dining room have become the depositories for the already mentioned boxes, pictures, and other things we don't know what to do with.

Our cleaning lady comes tomorrow.  She is supposed to come every two weeks - but because of scheduling difficulties, it has been three weeks this time - and I am suddenly worried that she will think/know we have not been accomplishing much since she was last here!  Cleaning ladies, while SO MUCH APPRECIATED, can be a true source of stress for me.  I always have to clean before they come.

We still have workmen here almost everyday, putting in a bathroom and closet downstairs - so we have used that as an excuse to procrastinate.  You know..."After they finish the bathroom, we can really work on unpacking."  Like putting a bathroom in the BASEMENT has anything to do with the living room upstairs!

The workers DO track in a lot of dirt - and my floors in the utility room and kitchen are awful.  I am thinking about using the Swiffer and cleaning them before she comes tomorrow.  Maybe then she will overlook the unopened boxes in the living room.

Oh well...it is a good thing it is a rainy day.  Nothing else to do but clean.  Now - I will just lay low and wait for Marilyn and George to think it is safe to come out of hiding, and then I will crack the whip again!  Just teasing.  Sort of.

No comments:

Post a Comment