Saturday, October 2, 2010

BRIGHT AND HAPPY DAY

"Autumn burned brightly - a running flame through the mountains, a torch flung to the trees."  Faith Baldwin

What a glorious day!  This is my favorite time of year - and I don't believe I have ever lived in a place that showcased Autumn's splendor quite like it does here.  Today we drove to Hawk Mountain Sanctuary - just a few miles from my home. I wasn't even sure what it was - mostly drove there out of curiosity.  The road was winding and narrow and around every bend was another jaw-dropping vista.  We passed bicyclists going up and down the mountain and when we arrived at the top - we were stunned to find at least 400+ cars!  It is a state park - much like something you would find on Skyline Drive.  Lots of wooded trails, etc.  We didn't get out - but decided to return during the week.  Also went to the huge Farmer's Market in Allentown.  Again - overwhelming to me...so much stuff - and so many people..so will schedule our next visit there on a Thursday!  We stopped by the Pioneer Festival to see what that was.  A lot of antique tractors...tee pees...animals...and food. Seemed like everyone on the planet was enjoying the weather today.

We are having another bathroom installed downstairs...and I awoke to the sounds of a jackhammer!  The floor was vibrating as they were breaking through the concrete to bury the water pump.  I escaped to my patio and enjoyed the early morning sun with my tea.  That is such a treat.  I guess it is one of those simple things that I had not been able to do in my old house because it wasn't accessible.  But this home is perfect for me to do those little things that mean so much.

So - I have had a very happy day....I hope you have, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment