Saturday, July 30, 2011

I'M ON A ROLL

I am finally writing.  Seriously writing.  After nearly a year of not being able to put a thought together - or sustain an idea, this is a wonderful feeling!  I suppose the anxiety of moving probably played a huge part in sucking the creativity out of me, but whatever the reason, I am glad to be on the other side of it.  I have been working for quite awhile, but wanted to be sure it would last before I put it out here in the blogosphere.  For the first time, I have to also say that I am enjoying the process.  It had been my intention to write fantasy instead of continuing in the crime genre.  And, that is what I am doing.  So much more fun to spend my "brain time" creating a new world filled with magic and interesting characters than delving into the minds of serial killers!  I know - seems like a no-brainer, but for me, it was not easy to change.  I felt that I could write the other genre well and was afraid to try something different. 
One of the biggest factors in stimulating my creativity was that I freed myself from the worry of publication.  I don't care if I land a book deal or not.  I do care if people READ what I write, so I plan to aim for total electronic publication.  At least, that is what I am thinking at this moment.  With all the electronic reading devices out there, the world of publishing is changing rapidly and this seems do-able to me.
So, I will keep you posted on my progress.  The project is looking like it will be a trilogy - another new avenue for me.  All I know is that it is great to be creating again.  I am a boring person without it!

No comments:

Post a Comment